I did not attend kindergarten but started school as any other children when I was seven. I went to school with my mother for the first year, she would sit next to me at the desk, treating my wounds several times during the day, taking care of me not to fall. It was a difficult time. Every night I woke up vomiting my own saliva, because I have problems with my throat and swallowing. I couldn't eat or drink in the morning because school made me nervous. We managed to arrange for me an individual study plan, so from the second grade I was homeschooled. The teacher came to us twice a week. The lady was very strict, so you can image homeschooling was not easy for me. In the third grade I got another teacher. That was a huge relief for me as she took into account my health problem. I graduated from the elementary school like any other child.

When I was not being homeschooled, I spend my time at various doctors’ who were trying hard to treat me with different treatments, drops, etc., which, I must say, hurt me more than they helped. After trying some herbal medicines, I always ended up in a hospital for a week or two. My mom, of course, was in the hospital with me.

 When I turned 18, I was granted a full disability pension as with my hands I am unable to do any work.


My illness attacks body and is very painful - large open wounds, blisters, rattles, I do not have nails and my toes and fingers are conjoined and deformed.

I was born as an ordinary healthy child. The doctors took me right after I was born and didn't even show me to my mother. As my father came to visit me, he saw a tiny red spot on my face. Only then did doctors tell my parents that I was born sick. After 3-4 days I was taken from the hospital in Nové Zámky to Bratislava. My mom could only spend little time with me as I was still in the incubator. My parents went to see me every day. In the beginning, my fingers were not yet conjoined or deformed, and I still had my nails. I stayed at the Bratislava hospital from January to March.

I often fell, my parents had to be very careful with me, as I was too young to comprehend that I have to be careful and not to run. When I fall, my skin is likely to peel off, making even more wounds. As I mentioned earlier, after birth I only had one red spot on my cheek, after 1-2 days after I was born there came wounds.

We went to see doctors from all over Slovakia as well as from abroad - Komárom, Gersekarát, Győr, etc. 2-3 time a week. We went to Gersekarát and stayed there for weeks at one older grandmother’s, and I mind you, it was not for free.


© Copyright © 2019 - · All Rights Reserved